- Instructor: MyDreamMBA
- Duration: 10 weeks
St. Joseph’s Institute of Management
The JOSEPHITE tradition started in Bangalore with the opening of the St. Joseph’s European High School by the Paris Foreign Mission Fathers in 1858.
In 1884, St. Joseph’s College was established. It has grown steadily and today has more than 8000 students enrolled at the Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses in Arts, Science, Commerce, Computer and Management disciplines in its four independent Colleges namely, St. Joseph’s College (Arts & Science), St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, St. Joseph’s Evening College and St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration (SJCBA). The Jesuit Fathers, however, came into the picture in 1937 when the Paris Foreign Mission handed over all Joseph’s Institutions to them.
These Institutions are now under the Management of the Bangalore Jesuit Educational Society, SJCBA is the only Jesuit Business School in Bangalore. St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration has been conducting One Year Evening Management Courses since 1968.The Courses were a great help to the working executives and the Diploma awarded by the College was well accepted by the Corporates. In November 1996, the College secured approval from AICTE, New Delhi, for a Two-Year Full-Time PGDM Programme.uter and Management disciplines in its four independent Colleges namely, St. Joseph’s College (Arts & Science), St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, St. Joseph’s Evening College and St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration (SJCBA). The Jesuit Fathers, however, came into the picture in 1937 when the Paris Foreign Mission handed over all Joseph’s Institutions to them.
In August 2007 SJCBA secured approval from the AICTE for offering the Executive PGDM and PGCM programme. The first batch of Executive PGDM and Executive PGCM were launched on 20 August 2007. In October 2016, the name of the institute was changed to St. Joseph’s Institute of Management (SJIM) with due approval from AICTE. The college also shifted to an independent campus in the heart of the city at Webbs ground, M.G.Road, Bangalore, again with approval of AICTE.
- To be a management institute of excellence committed to nurturing responsible business leaders having concern for society and environment
- To impart contextual management education focussed on ethics and social issues
- To produce impactful research
- To promote institute-industry interface on a continual basis
- To employ teaching pedagogy that promotes critical thinking, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Uncompromising integrity & honesty
- Inclusiveness & tolerance
- Passion for excellence
- Commitment to students
- Creativity & innovation
- Jesuit spirit of Magis
- Service to society
- Ethical Conduct
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To equip students with theoretical and application-based management education
- To inculcate the desire to pursue lifelong learning
- To develop capabilities for effective communication, presentation, teamwork and leadership skills
To develop industry-ready graduates with emphasis on integrity, ethics and social responsibility
Hospital & Medical Facilities