XAT 2020: Exam Date, Registration, Syllabus, Pattern, PreparationXAT 2020 Exam registration and application process has started on August 23, 2019 at official XAT website with an application fee of Rs.1700/-. Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is an important MBA entrance test leading to MBA admission 2020 in XLRI, SPJIMR, IMT, XIMB, TAPMI, XIME and other 150 MBA colleges in India. The XAT 2020 date of exam is Sunday January 5, 2020. XLRI conducts XAT entrance exam in the month of January every year. After finalizing the XAT exam date, XLRI has announced the complete schedule and all XAT 2020 important dates. As the XAT is for admission to all the Xavier institutes, the XAT full form is Xavier Aptitude Test.
XAT 2020: Key Changes in Exam
Following changes have been introduced in XAT 2020 exam by XLRI:
- XAT 2020 exam time hanged to 9.30AM to 12.30PM
- No Essay Writing Test in XAT 2020 Exam
- All Questions in XAT exam 2020 will be of MCQ Type
- GK Questions will not be counted for percentile calculation
- Rs.1700 is XAT 2020 Registration Fee, No Change is made in it
XLRI will conduct XAT 2020 as a computer based test in a single session across the country. Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT exam full form) 2020 is one of the largest National level MBA entrance exams. Around one lakh candidates apply for XAT exam every year.
Although XLRI will accept only XAT 2020 score, the other associated top MBA colleges will accept other exam scores also apart from XAT 2020 scores for MBA admission. XLRI has been conducting XAT entrance exam for more than 60 years.
XAT 2020: XLRI & Other Top MBA Colleges Cut offs, Fee, Intake
Check the fee, number of seats and programmes offered by XLRI and other MBA colleges accepting score of Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2020 in the table given below:
|Institute Name||Fee (Rs.in Lakhs)*||Seats*||Flagship PGDM Programme||Expected XAT 2020 Cut off Percentile|
|XLRI Jamshedpur||23.00||360||PGDM-BM; PGDM-HR||94|
|IRMA Anand (Gujarat)||12.10||180||PGDRM||80|
*May increase for 2020-22 batch
XAT 2020 Important Dates
XLRI has announced the XAT exam date 2020, XAT application fee, XAT admit Card date, XAT result date among other important dates for XAT 2020 exam as under:
|XAT Exam Date||XAT 2020 Exam Date|
|XAT Date for Notification||August 23, 2019|
|XAT 2020 Exam Date for Registration start||August 23, 2019|
|Last date for XAT 2020 Exam Registration & Application submission online without late fee||November 30, 2019|
|XAT 2020 Registration Last date with late fee||December 10, 2019|
|XAT 2020 Exam Admit Card download Start Date||December, 20, 2019|
|Last date to Download XAT 2020 Admit Card||January 5, 2020|
|XAT 2020 Exam Date||January 5, 2020 (9.30 AM to 12.30 PM)|
|XAT 2020 Exam Result date||By January 31, 2020 (Expect on Jan 25)|
XAT Exam Details: Pattern, Questions, Scoring
XAT pattern is online computer based test. The aggregate maximum marks in XAT exam are 99 for 99 questions divided in 4 sections. Each correct answer is awarded +1 mark and each wrong answer will attract the penalty of -0.25 mark. Total time duration for the XAT 2020 exam is 3 hours. XAT 2020 exam pattern is as below:
|Section in XAT 2020 Exam Pattern||Number of questions||Overall Time Duration|
|Part-1||74 Total MCQs||165 Minutes|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||No Sectional Time Limit|
|Decision Making||21||No Sectional Time Limit|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||27||No Sectional Time Limit|
|Part-2||25 Total MCQs||15 Minutes|
|Total questions (Part 1 + Part 2)||99|
XAT Entrance Exam: Key Changes
- XAT exam details reveal that following changes have been made in the XAT 2020 exam:
- XAT exam 2020 will not have descriptive Essay Writing question of 3 marks
- XAT 2020 exam will be a computer based test
- No Negative Marking for General Knowledge section of XAT 2020 exam
- A new type of Numerical Answer Type Question (NAT Questions) has been introduced.
- XAT exam details clarify that a candidate can go to part-2 GK section only after completing the part-1 of XAT 2020 exam.
XAT 2020 Exam: Eligibility
XAT 2020 eligibility criteria need only a pass in your bachelor’s degree while other exams need a particular percentage of marks. XAT 2020 eligibility is probably the simplest one among all the National Level MBA entrance exams.
XAT Exam: How to Apply?
XAT 2020 exam registration process is online and can be completed in six simple steps at official XAT website. It has started on August 23, 2019 and will close on November 30, 2019 without late fee.
XAT 2020 Exam: How to Prepare?
XAT 2020 exam preparation should be in accordance with revised pattern of XAT entrance exam. As indicated by XAT exam full form – Xavier Aptitude Test, the XAT exam details call for special preparation for Decision Making section apart from other XAT topics. You need to focus on following while preparing for XAT 2020 exam:
- XAT 2020 Exam Pattern: You must be aware about the XAT exam pattern
- Scan thoroughly XAT 2020 Syllabus
- Decide if you need Online XAT preparation or with to prepare self
- Get best Books for XAT preparation
- Attempt XAT 2020 Exam Mock Test & XAT Previous Test papers
- Devise strategy to crack XAT exam with 95 percentile.
XAT Exam 2020 Accepting Colleges
There are 150+ MBA colleges who will accept XAT 2020 exam score. Some of the top MBA colleges accepting XAT 2020 exam score for MBA admission 2020 are:
- XLRI Jamshedpur
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- IMT Ghaziabad
- XIM Bhubaneswar
- TAPMI Manipal
- XIME Bangalore, Kochi, Chennai
- BIMTECH, Greater Noida
- FORE School of Management, New Delhi
- GIM Goa
- Great Lakes, Chennai
- LIBA Chennai
XAT 2020 Date for Notification
XAT exam information with XAT exam date, and other related XAT 2020 exam dates was released on XAT 2020 website on August 23, 2019. XAT 2020 Notification containing XAT exam details, XAT exam format, XAT exam centres and all the XAT exam dates 2020 was released in the leading news papers also. All the XAT 2020 exam dates with other information and FAQs are available on XAT 2020 exam website.
It is expected that around 1 lakh candidates will appear in XAT 2020 exam since the number of candidates going for XAT 2020 registration are expected to increase again. Over the years the candidates applying for Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT full form), have been increasing year after year as the data for past XAT exam registration also reveal this fact.
XAT MBA entrance exam attracts the cream of talent in India. The best talent of country aspires for XAT accepting colleges. The admission to XLRI is possible only through high scores in XAT MBA entrance exam. Return on investment at XLRI is high. 2 years fee and other expenses at SPJIMR, XLRI come to around Rs.16 to 20 lakhs. Top recruiters from India and the world eye these institutes for their placement season. The offered salary packages go as high as Rs.25 to 35 lakhs per annum to the students of XLRI, SPJIMR, IMT among others who offer admission on the basis of XAT exam scores.
XAT 2020 Exam: Offers Level Playing Field
XLRI conducts XAT on behalf of XAMI. XLRI believes that single testing session with same difficulty level will provide level playing field to all the XAT test takers without any discrimination. Around 90 thousand to 1 lakh candidates explore admission opportunities in XLRI and other member and associate MBA colleges accepting XAT scores.
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT full form) is the second largest MBA entrance test to pursue MBA/PGDM in 11 member institutes and 140 Associate institutes accepting XAT exam scores. Till 2017 XAT remained a paper based test. With effect from 2018, XAT has become an online computer based test. XLRI – the XAT 2019 exam conducting authority has announced the XAT 2020 exam date as January 5, 2020.
The XAT exam date is same across the country. On a single XAT 2019 date, the exam will be held in 46 XAT test cities in India. However, the 2 cities abroad namely, Kathmandu and Dubai are no longer the XAT 2020 test cities.
XAT Exam Details 2020: Summary
- XAT is one of the oldest MBA entrance exams being held for last 60 years.
- XAT Exam date is January 5, 2020
- XAT exam pattern is now changed to online computer based test
- XAT 2020 exam will be of 3 hours duration from 9.30 AM to 12.30PM
- XLRI Jamshedpur conducts XAT exam every year in the month of January
- XAT exam is divided in 4 sections
- Only 3 sections in XAT exam are taken into account to calculate the XAT percentile score and XAT merit list for written exam
- Total questions are 99 and are of MCQ type
- There is no Essay Writing Test in XAT 2020 exam
- Apart from XAT registration and filling up the XAT exam application, candidates need to apply separately to their preferred MBA colleges including XLRI, SPJIMR and others.
- Correct answer for each MCQ in XAT will get 1 mark
- Negative marking 0.25 (¼) for MCQs from Sl no.1 to 74
- No negative marking for MCQs from Sl No. 75 to 99 (GK questions)
- Each question in XAT exam 2020 is followed by 5 answer options