Illustrious Alumni of B-schools
Dr. Raghuram Rajan, Ajay Banga, AvaniDavda, Chetan Bhagat, Deep Kalra, Indra Nooyi, Chanda Kocchar, and Prasoon Joshi are only a few of the many MBA alumni who have reached the height of success with their hard work and dedication without compromising the values and principles in life. These top national and international icons have excelled in different fields after getting their MBA graduation from one of the Indian business schools and are the living inspiration of planning and hard work for MBA aspirants.
Lakhs of aspirants prepare every year to tame the CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, and NMAT by GMAC, among other exams, to get admission to highly ranked MBA institutes. With the Indian economy picking up and the Modi government launching many schemes like Make in India and Start-Up India, there has never been a better time to opt for an MBA.
MBA Alumni join super CEOs club
There is a long list of many successful CEOs and MDs. A few of them are listed below, which prove the reason for the MBA’s being termed the prized degree. If you wish to join this elite club, an MBA is your way out.
|IIM Ahmedabad||Dr. Raghuram Rajan||RBI Governor & Global Authority on Financial Markets|
|IIM Ahmedabad||Ajay Banga||President & CEO Master Card worldwide|
|IIM Ahmedabad||Deep Kalra||CEO MakeMyTrip.com|
|IIM Ahmedabad||Chetan Bhagat||Best-selling author|
|IIM Calcutta||Indra Nooyi||Chairman & CEO of PepsiCo Worldwide|
|XLRI Jamshedpur||Rakesh Kapoor||CEO Reckitt Benckiser|
|FMS Delhi||Harit Nagpal||MD & CEO Tata Sky|
|MDI Gurgaon||Sanjay Verma||CEO Asia Pacific Cushman & Wakefield|
|IMT Ghaziabad||Prasoon Joshi||Adman & National Award-Winning Lyricist & Author|
|NMIMS Mumbai||AvaniDavda||Former CEO Tata Starbucks|
|JBIMS Mumbai||Chanda Kocchar||CEO ICICI Bank|
Illustrious Alumni of B-schools
It is not only IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore, IIM Calcutta, or IIM Lucknow whose alumni are famous across the world. Other highly ranked university-affiliated or private B-schools are also proud of their alumni. The following past and present alumni from a few of the top B-schools reveal the career opportunities their MBA programmes offered to them.
The designations of the famous alumni shared below might have changed in a few cases.
IIM Ahmedabad: Notable past and present alumni
- Late C K Prahalad, PGP 1966: Management Thought Leader
- John C. Camillus, PGP 1968: Donald R. Beall Professor of Strategic Management-Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Marti G. Subrahmanyam, PGP 1969: Charles E. Merrill Professor of Finance, Economics and International Business-Stern School of Business, New York University
- Beheruz Nariman Sethna, PGP 1973: President & Professor of Business, University of West Georgia
- Srikant M. Datar, PGP 1978: Professor-Arthur Lowes Dickinson Chair at HBS
- Pradeep Chintagunta, PGP 1986: Professor-Stanford University, USA
- Raghuram Rajan, PGP 1987: Eric J. Gleacher Distinguished Service Professor of Finance-University of Chicago’s Graduate School of Business. Presently Governor – Reserve Bank of India
- Kiran Karnik, PGP 1968: Innovative and Strategic Thinker
- Mallika V Sarabhhai, PGP 1974: Director-Darpana Academy, Ahmedabad
- Vijay Mahajan, PGP 1980: Founder & Chairman, BASIX Group
- Ashok Alexander, PGP 1978: India Country Director, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- P. Vasimalai, PGP 1993: Executive Director-DHAN Foundation, Madurai
- Sanjeev Bikhchandani, PGP 1989: Founder and Vice Chairman, naukri.com
- Deep Kalra, PGP 1992: CEO-MakeMyTrip.com, India’s leading online travel company
- Roopa Kudva, PGP 1986: Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer-CRISIL. Currently, MD- Omidyar Network India Advisors and Omidyar Network partner
- Rahul Agarwal, PGP 1996: MD & CEO of Lenovo India
- Sudhir Sitapati, PGP 1999: Executive Director and CCVP, Refreshments, South Asia and Africa, Hindustan Unilever Ltd
- Tulsi Naidu, PGP 1996: CEO Zurich Insurance Company, UK.
- Sucharita Mukherjee, PGP 2001: Founder and CEO, IFMR Trust
- Yashish Dahiya, PGP 1996: Co-founder & CEO, PolicyBazaar
- Kartikeya Misra, PGP 2004: Collector and District Magistrate, East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh
- Rohan Chand Thakur, PGP 2006: Deputy Commissioner, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
IIM Bangalore: Notable past and present alumni
- Aswath Damodaran (PGP 1979): Kerschner Family Chairperson in Finance Education & Professor of Finance, Stern School of Business, New York University
- Gopal Krishna Nayak (PGP 1988): Director IIIT Bhubaneswar
- Raghavendra Rau: Sir Evelyn de Rothschild Professor of Finance, Judge Business School, University of Cambridge
- Nila Madhab Panda: Filmmaker and director
- Damodar Mall (PGP 1986): CEO, Reliance Retail
- Deepak Ohri: CEO, Lebua Hotels & Resorts
- Malavika Harita (PGP 1982): CEO, Saatchi & Saatchi Focus
- Sameer Suneja (PGP 1994): Global CEO, Perfetti Van Melle
- Shashi Sinha (PGP 1981): CEO, IPG India
- Radhakrishnan (PGP 1976): Former Chairman of ISRO
- Hasmukh Adhia (PGPPM 2002): Secretary, Ministry of Finance, Government of India
- Ravi Neelakantan (PGP 1982): IFS Officer and Diplomat
IIM Calcutta: Notable past and present alumni
- Sunil Alagh: Former MD and CEO of Britannia Industries
- Ajit Balakrishnan: Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Rediff.com
- Ashish Chauhan: MD and CEO, Bombay Stock Exchange
- Pranay Chulet: Co-founder and CEO of Quikr
- Sunil Duggal: Chief Executive Officer of Dabur
- Sabyasachi Hajara: Chairman and Managing Director, Shipping Corporation of India
- Deepak Mohoni: Stock market analyst, coined the term Sensex
- V. Narendran: MD of Tata Steel
- Indra Nooyi: Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, PepsiCo
- Sudhakar Ram: Founder and CEO of Mastek
- Nishi Vasudeva: Chairperson and Managing Director at Hindustan Petroleum; the first woman ever to head a Navratna PSU
- Gopal Vittal: CEO of Bharti Airtel (India)
IIM Lucknow: Notable past and present alumni
- Shanmugam Manjunath: IOC Manager, who was murdered for opposing Corruption
- Deepak Garg: CEO of Rivigo
- Gayatri Iyer: Playback singer
- Gaurav Agarwal: UPSC Civil Services Exam 2013 AIR 1
FMS Delhi: Notable past and present alumni
- Ajay Shukla: MD-Asia Pacific Region, Tata McGraw Hill Education Pvt. Ltd.
- Alok Bhardwaj: Sr. Vice President-Sales & Marketing, Canon India Pvt. Ltd.
- Arun Rishi: Vice President-Middle East & Africa, Kempinski Hotels
- Bal Krishan Batra: Executive Director, IDBI Bank Ltd.
- Brij Uberoi: Executive Vice President-HR, Rallis India Ltd.
- Dalip Singh: Joint Secretary, Ministry of Steel
- Geetu Gidwani Verma: Executive Director-Foods, Hindustan Lever
- Girish Sharma: Chief Commissioner of Income Tax, Income Tax Department
- Harit Nagpal: Managing Director, Tata Sky Ltd.
- L. Dhingra: Chairman & Managing Director, ITI Ltd.
- Laluntluangi Tochhawng: Chief Controller of Accounts, Central Board of Direct Taxes
- Pankaj Agarwal: Director-Sales, Reckitt-Benckiser (India) Ltd.
- M. Malla: Chairman-Cum-Managing Director, IDBI Bank Ltd.
- Mukundan: Managing Director, Tata Chemicals Ltd.
- S. Butola: Chairman-Cum-Managing Director, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
- Tejendra Mohan Bhasin: Chairman & Managing Director, Indian Bank
- Vinod Kumar Nagar: Executive Director, Syndicate Bank
- Yogi Sriram: Executive Vice President, Larsen & Toubro Limited
IRMA, Anand (Gujarat): Notable Alumni
- S.Sodhi: Managing Director, GCMMF (AMUL)
- Sivakumar Surampudi: Divisional Chief Executive, ITC Agri-Business Division, Vice Chairman of ITC Infotech India Limited (Man behind e-choupal)
- Sanjay Panigrahi: President, Pidilite Industries Limited
- Ajay Desai: Senior President, YES Bank
- Sanjay Gangopadhyay: Marketing Director South East Asia at Nike
NMIMS, Mumbai: Notable Alumni
- Aruna Jayanthi: CEO, Capgemini India
- Arijit Sarkar: Director – Global Campaigns, Google
- Avani Davda: Ex-CEO, Tata Starbucks India
- Vikas Bahl: Film Director (famous for the movie Queen)
- Ravi Makhija: Regional Sr. Director – APAC & Japan, Oracle
When we aspire to make India usher in the era of double-digit growth and move on the path of Make in India, it may not come from a few developed urban pockets. It is the task of the MBAs to develop the less developed areas and bring uniformity to the development, as MBAs have the right skills.
IIM Ahmedabad alumnus Santosh Desai, CEO, Future Brands, says, “The wonderful thing about the MBA is that one will not just be a manager, but also a creator.” The most important future challenge, in my opinion, will be how you will transcend the act of management. In the management institute, you are given the freedom to think and to face the challenges. It will be new because all the things you need are in you, but nothing compels you to think independently as does the good MBA course.”