- Instructor: MyDreamMBA
- Duration: 10 weeks
The only constant in this world is change. The ebb and flow of change is perennial in economies, industries and businesses. It is indeed a challenging task for managers to constantly adapt to these changes.
Welcome to XIME! We will prepare you for such a turbulent world.
In the 59 years that I have spent in the field management education, I have seen wave after wave of changes that have assailed management education. Here at XIME, not only have we not gone under those waves, but we have also succeeded in riding many of them.
Built on a culture of merit, integrity and liberality of outlook, XIME, grooms’ future managers through a comprehensive and contemporary curriculum supported by courses in ethics, international business and ample industry exposure. Appreciation of societal issues is inculcated through various social action programmes and notably a three-week project on ‘Socially Useful and Productive Activity’. On the whole, our endeavour is to develop managers who by dint of their capability and character can measure up to the diverse challenges of the world of business and industry.
At XIME you will be part of an exciting journey of exploration, learning and development of your personal and professional potential.
To be a globally oriented Business School that is counted among the leading Business Schools of India as well as abroad with high levels of international accreditation. The institution will forever have students at the centre of its aspirations and endeavours while manifesting wholehearted commitment to all its stakeholders. Competence, dedication and contribution to society will be the watchwords of XIME. XIME envisages its future development with four units on stream by 2020. Being staunchly devoted to excellence of quality, every unit of XIME will admit to its portals only adequate number of students so as to accomplish that objective.
To contribute to nation building by providing a steady stream of competent, value-driven and globally oriented managers.
- Openness to Ideas
- Societal Concern
28 Glorious Years
On 28th May 2019, XIME completed 28 years of glorious service to the Nation. It was on the same day, 28 years ago that eight founders got together at the residence of the Archbishop of Bangalore and signed the Memorandum of Association of this Institution.
The story of XIME’s journey is also one of sheer determination and grit. It has come to symbolize the resilience of our founders, rising as it has done from its humble beginning to a world class Institution with fully residential campuses in Bangalore, Kochi and Chennai.
In developing this Institution, some fundamentals in our approach to Business Education were tenaciously upheld:
- Value-based Education
- Receptivity to new ideas and currents of thought
- Global Orientation
- Commitment to Entrepreneurship
- Continued Innovation
And over the years, we have achieved most of them. But we keep raising the bar for ourselves.
Early years were difficult – just a paltry sum of Rs. 60,000/- as the initial capital, no building or land of our own, and no rich man in the group. But we were driven by a strong concept, a clear vision and a passion to dare and achieve. XIME’s story of growth and achievement is singular, and we are proud of it.
Some of the significant achievements during these years:
- XIME has produced in these years nearly 4000 brilliant alumni who are presently holding managerial positions in diverse areas of business and industry.
- Having come a long way from a humble beginning, the Institute has progressed rapidly and emerged as one of the top business schools of the country and is generally listed in the top 1%.
- From an asbestos shed of 3000 sq. Ft. in St. Martha’s Hospital compound at Bangalore, XIME has progressed rapidly and now operates out of three fine campuses, with the first one at Electronics City (1.65 lakhs sq. Ft built up area), Bangalore, the second one at KINFRA Tech park (1.17 lakhs sq. Ft built up area), Kochi, and the third at Oragadam (1.15 lakhs sq. Ft built up area), Chennai, the Detroit of India. .
- Commencing with the initial 60 seats for admission to its programme, XIME now operates with a sanctioned strength of 420 seats (180 in Bangalore Campus, 120 in Kochi Campus and 120 in Chennai Campus); the biggest private sector B-School in South India.
- The Institute’s first geographical expansion was to Kochi, with a beautiful campus in KINFRA Hi-Tech Park in Kalamassery, Kochi.
- XIME’s growth momentum has taken it to Chennai, where a new campus is up and running at Oragadam – the automobile hub of Tamil Nadu.
- It is gratifying that all the 3 campuses of XIME are in Industrial areas belonging to governments – KIADB of Karnataka, KINFRA of Kerala and SIPCOT of Tamil Nadu. All the 3 locations are truly great!
- From the original faculty strength of 5, it has now a strength of 52, which includes some outstanding professionals.
- The geographical diversity of its students is one of the best [almost all Indian States are represented at XIME] with about 45-50% of girl students almost every year – with a glorious record this year in having 56 per cent girl students, 65% engineers, and nearly 40% with work experience.
- XIME’s students win laurels at very many intercollegiate competitions including those hosted by professional associations, such as, AIMA, CII Chennai, MMA and NIPM. In 2014 and 2017 its students won the coveted ‘Champions of India’ title at the AIMA National Competition. And in 2018 it won all the three prizes at the AIMA South India Competition for MBAs.
- We have always maintained an excellent record of placement. In 2019, we achieved a record of sorts by placing 96% of its students by 31st May with an average salary of Rs. 7.65 lakhs p.a.
- In 2014 XIME Bangalore received the coveted International Accreditation for Quality from Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs [ACBSP], USA.
- All campuses of XIME are fully residential with a combined built-up area of about 4 lakhs sq. Ft.
- XIME has several unique firsts that include the partnership of industries and philanthropists in building XIME’s main campus: Dorabji Tata Trust for the XIME Library; The Oberoi Group for the Auditorium; Biocon for the main Executive Conference Hall; etc.
As repeatedly demonstrated in the business context, it is not the infrastructure or the capital that builds a good organization, it is the vision, values, spirit, and the culture. We believe XIME is firmly anchored in all these basics.
- Fee Structure
Campus Tuition Fees Bangalore 10,00,000/- Kochi 7,50,000/- Chennai 7,50,000/-
Hostel Fees – Rs. 9,000/- per month (for 10 months per year)
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks for all subjects taken together (45% for SC/ST candidates).
Candidates who are appearing for their final year examination and are awaiting their results may also apply. However, they should have maintained an average of 50% marks in the degree course until then.
They should be completing all their degree examinations before 11th June 2020. Such candidates are required to produce proof of passing the Degree examination with the minimum required marks of 50%, latest by 10th September 2020.
Applicants who have un-cleared backlog papers in graduation, are not eligible to apply.
An entrance test score of 75 percentile and above in any of the following Entrance Tests (75% in GMAT)
XAT – 2020
CAT – 2019
MAT – May 2019, September 2019, December 2019 & February 2020
ATMA – May 2019, June 2019, July 2019, August 2019, December 2019 & February 2020
GMAT- 2018, 2019 and 2020
The Placement Season commences every year by 9th December 2019.
Companies are encouraged to visit our campuses for a Pre-Placement Talk (PPT). This has, in the past, enabled organizations to get a better slot during the Placement Season, as they were able to offer a winning proposition to our students. Companies are requested to get in touch with the Faculty Placement Coordinators to arrange convenient time for their PPT’s.
Companies who have experienced the capabilities of our students either through Summer Internship, or through projects done as part of the curriculum, and who are desirous of making a job offer on the basis of this experience, may do so on the basis of a Pre-Placement Offer (PPO). The offer letter mentioning the name of the selected student, and the offer details may be sent, in a sealed envelope super scribed with “PRE-PLACEMENT OFFER” to Central Placement Office in XIME Bangalore. Such PPO’s shall be opened on Day 1 of the Placement Season, i.e. 9th December, 2019.
Companies desirous of recruiting XIME students from the graduating batch are requested to get in touch with any of the Faculty Placement Coordinators or the with the Central Placement Office in XIME Bangalore. A written request can also be sent by mail to email@example.com.
|Chairman||Dr. R. Sridhar, Director, XIME Bangalore|
|Co-Chairman||Dr. R. Nandagopal, Director, XIME Kochi|
|Faculty Coordinators||Dr. Ravi K.R, XIME Bangalore|
|Prof. Ramesh Ranjan, XIME Bangalore|
|Prof. Tina Roshini Mathew, XIME Bangalore|
|Dr. Suresh Nandakumar, XIME Chennai|
|Prof. Jackson D’Silva, XIME Kochi|
Student Placement Coordinators
|Kavitha Hemnath||Simanti Das||Nandan P|
|Hanna Abraham||Rita Thomas||Saloni Gupta|
|Ranabir Das Gupta||Saloni A Hemani||Prateek Sabharwal|
|Rishav Jha||Sameer Mohapatro||Uzma Syed|
|Karthikeyen AC||Pratik Aich||Robin Shaji|
|Satyanarayen R||Rahul Varma Mantena||Varun Kaza|
|Shravani Potineni||Karan Tejpal||Utkarsh Pratap Singh|
|Suneesh. B||Adbul Muizz Khan||Vansh Rana|
|Deep Parekh||Abraham John|
|Varsha M Devan|
XIME is one product and one placement programme. The entire placement process is centralized. The eligible students from Bangalore, Chennai and Kochi pass through the same placement process. The Institute has an active students’ placement programme. Through its Placement Cell, it provides direction and support to students who are eligible for placement. All through the years, it has succeeded in maintaining an excellent record. The institute vigorously follows a norm of 100% placement.
Summer Internship Placements Update
All students of Batch 24 completed their internship at the end of June 2018 in a variety of organizations such as VMWare, Centrum, Dell, Team Lease, KPMG, HDFC bank etc. For eight weeks, our students worked on projects designed to give them exposure to real problems in unfamiliar settings. They have been able to get first-hand experience of organizational culture, teamwork, problem solving with incomplete information and responsibilities.
Some Experience Sharing
Name: Poulomi Das
Project Title: Recommending sales enhancement strategies for Centrum Real Estate Management & Advisory
Students Comments regarding the Experience:
The objective of this project was to recommend sales enhancement strategies on the basis of comparative analysis and competition benchmarking for various projects undertaken by Centrum Real Estate Management and Advisory. Data was collected on the following 3 aspects of the Industry – Prospects’ decision-making factors for buying a property, customer experience and the sales process. These were compared to the best in the Industry and recommendations were based taking into account the resources of Centrum. I suggested that Centrum must implement feedback forms to capture the reviews of prospects visiting the site and use of social media analytics to capture the reviews online and provide customers the ability to share. Also, they should use Influencer marketing as a low cost means for marketing. In-house training programs in selling skills for sales representatives to upgrade to the best practices of the top ranked developers. Considering the limited resources of the firm, focus should be on a local marketing strategy. Centrum should also consider the decision-making factors that prospects give importance to while buying a property. They should choose projects on the basis of the suggested decision-making factors. Some of the above recommendations have already been implemented and some are under consideration by the Centrum Management for implementation in the current year.
Name: P Shravani
Company: Dell Technologies
Project Title – Attracting, Hiring & Retaining Diverse Talent at Dell Technologies
PPO offered (Yes/No): Yes
Students Comments regarding the Experience:
The extent to which managers recognize diversity and its potential advantages and disadvantages define an organization’s approach to managing the diversity. An exposure to this sensitive yet interesting assignment at Dell propelled me to drive a change and contribute my best through this internship towards increasing opportunities for competent Diversity candidates and propose initiatives to make Dell much more inclusive and sensitive to the needs of these Diversity employees. In a nutshell, it has unveiled the role of Human Resources in its true sense, working in close liaison with the employees and the business. I am immensely grateful to XIME for providing me with this opportunity which will forever be cherished as a memorable learning experience.
Hospital & Medical Facilities